My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Fragments


Created by Mrs 4444, Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.


I snuck outside on Tuesday for a SHORT walk across my driveway (haha) to see how my lillies are coming along. Last week when I was out here weeding my little bed I counted 42 blooms waiting to flower. They're not open just yet, and you can see my irises and hyacinths are all done. But wow look at all those blooms. I can't wait!! The plant in the corner is one my step-mom gave me this year for Easter, once it's blooms were spent I stuck it out here too. By the way, every single one of these lillies was bought as blooming potted plants and then stuck in the ground, and they've all come back with more stalks and more flowers each year! Never throw away a potted plant just because the flowers have fallen off!!!




you can also see how much the weeds have grown in the last week!! We've had a TON of rain! I'm trying to devise a way that it will only rain on the flowers and not on the weeds. I'll let you know once I have a plan.





After 2 years solid of being Miss Tom-boy, little sister started taking the hair stuff off my dresser and trying to put in on her head...so I am having to learn to play dress-up!

It might have been the dress' influence huh?

9 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sure it has to do with the dress. Cute!!

Hurry with that weed/rain solution PLEASE!! We just broke our area's record in consequitive days of rain...20 and still more today and tomorrow and......
Susan

... said...

oh, i can see her getting more into the girly stuff. and i just love that dress.

have a great weekend. hope you're feeling better each day.

ellen b. said...

Looks like you'll have color real soon. The barrette is so cute in her hair. Fun times...

Rita Loca said...

Little girls are so much fun to dress up!
As for my meds, I was taking Tylenol 3 and Tramadol.

I am Harriet said...

Neat photos. My lilies aren't totally up yet.

Harry said...

Our flowers are coming up. Some are blooming, and some of our flowering bushes are already done. I enjoy planting, but this year there won't be any (money, you know). I don't mind the weeding. But I hate cutting the #@%#&*# grass. With my son now living far away though, it's back to being my job.

I don't want to go on as I read about your pain killers and I wonder how long you can focus with that stuff coursing through your veins. Welcome back though. Get and stay healthy.

Linda said...

What a bunch of blooms you've got there! I was finally able to pot some flowers in the one container I kept from the move; it's been too cold and rainy to do it prior to now. Of course, just because we had nice weather today doesn't mean it's going to last as they're predicting more rain on Sunday and Monday. I would be willing to bet it falls on everything and not just the flowers, too!

Glad to hear you were feeling well enough to go for a short walk; I take it that means recovery is going well, right? Just don't overdo it - Mighty Mom or not!

Lori in South Dakota said...

next is cute hair things and pink ruffled shirts, little skirts. Ahhh!! And I am jealous of the lilies, mine are just started to grow big. Flowers will be MUCH later. Take it easy, sitz baths, and lots of pampering by Subvet!

Mrs4444 said...

Isn't she a sweetheart!

Wish I could say I know what it's like to have blooming flowers; it's pretty slow going around here, except for some tulips (my favorite).