My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where, Oh Where is Shadow????

Sorry folks, I've been a bit busy between working days and chasing children during my off time.

We're going to move the computer out of Sugars' room so that should make it a little easier for both of us grown-ups to get online. :-)

Work is going very well. I'm going to skip T-T this week since I've already missed it. So you have another week to come up with silly definitions for kaon and kaffeeklatsch. Even if you've already put up a definition, feel free to put up several.

Till I'm able to post again, riddle me this:

Where is your favorite place to take pre-schoolers??

8 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Our local park with a lake, ducks and geese, and playground equipment, etc. And our local nature center is free and has lots to do, lots of hands on stuff for little ones.

Missed you, hope you get more time online soon!

Love and hugs,

Diane

... said...

glad to hear from you. i was beginning to wonder.

i took my toddlers to the park - a lot! of course they would play on and in the playground, but we'd also sit under a tree and eat our lunch, read books, even take a little rest.

i also took them to mcdonalds once a week and let them play on the playground there. it was their (and my) treat. of course, you have to trust your local fast food restaurant's playground to be clean and safe.

ABNPOPPA said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

ABNPOPPA said...

opps, I meant that for the piks.

Best place to take my pre-schoolers.....back to mom and dad after an ice cream cone, Mountain Dew, and a Hersey Bar.

Grandpa is such a great guy!!!

Stephanie D said...

I don't remember! But Stefani over at Blue Yonder home schools her kids and after school was out, all their favorite places were overrun with kiddos. EXCEPT.............the local schoolyard. It was totally empty and theirs for the playing!

nancy said...

Thanks Mom, for taking time out of your busy life to stop by my blog! I've been changing my focus and am working more on my art challenges, so I'm not posting more than 2-3 times a week on 'more than enough'.
Preschoolers. Hmm. The library to look at picture books and bring home a few to be read. If you can catch them, most libraries have story hours or even craft activities sometimes. Playgrounds, of course. The beach, if you have one. Parks that have walking paths through flowered areas. Schoolyards. Check with local city 'Parks and Recreation' departments or whatever they call themselves where you are. They almost always have something: Playtimes, crafts, nature walks, etc. or their age-appropriate equivalents. And don't forget vacation Bible schools. Not for Sugars, perhaps, but probably for the boys. I have known kids who made a summer career out of VBS's, going to every one their mothers could find over the season, one right after another. :) Even when they were very small, I took my kids to museums - art, natural history. They always enjoyed them.
That's all I can think of right now.
mam

Anonymous said...

to bed for nappy-nap!
hee hee.
no, uh, I guess to the splash pad in town. Free, fun, and hours of wear-them-outness.

matthew archbold said...

I take my kids to Valley Forge because we live right near it. I get to spout off on American history and they get to run around in the fields, watch deer, feed ducks and run through old cabins. That's our favorite haunt.