My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook

This is a fun weekly meme I've seen around for a long time.  Thought I'd join in.

The meme is hosted here

FOR TODAY

I am finishing up my work so that I can go to a dentist appointment here in a little bit.  Then I shall do so fun stuff for Made by Mightymom, such as open a bank account and establish shipping rates.  I must admit I'll be REALLY glad when all the setup stuff is DONE.  But I am getting there.

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
Hubby is weed eating and mowing the backyard.  Hooray!  This is the last thing he hasn't been able to do since his knee replacement March 6th.  So very glad to see him back to normal activities!

I AM THINKING
It's almost 9:00AM....when I finish working.

I AM THANKFUL
For everything.  Truthfully, everything!! 

IN THE KITCHEN
my daughter is enjoying a late breakfast after sleeping in on her first day of summer.

I AM WEARING
My work clothes....aka...jammies!   Gotta go put on real clothes soon, don't think the dentist would be impressed with my pink polka dots......

I AM CREATING
A business!  Wow!  Who would have thought????   Tedious and exciting.

I AM GOING
to the dentist....very very soon now.

I AM WONDERING
If anyone will actually pay money for these things I make....

I AM READING
Postern of Fate by Agatha Christie.  A good one!  Of course I say that about all her books!

I AM HOPING
I can teach Gatorboy to read this summer....all prayers gratefully accepted!

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO
Too many things.  Need to live more in the moment.

I AM LEARNING
All about etsy and sales tax and craft fairs OH MY!

A FAVORITE QUOTE FOR TODAY
"If you want to become a millionare, don't ask an average person how to do it, ask a millionare"
Came across it on facebook a week or so ago, can't remember who it was attributed to, but it's stuck in my head.

  A PICTURE I'M SHARING


I missed her graduation ceremony but I have it on very good authority (aka Hubby and Grannie) that it was very cute!  Auditorium lighting makes for odd looking pics.  :-) 



2 comments:

ellen b. said...

It all sounds good except the dentist part! I'm glad your hubby is up and around and working again. Yippee. He eats weeds?

Jerralea said...

Oh, I love Agatha Christie! I'm not sure if I like Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot best ...

I think we all need to learn to live in the moment ...