My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, February 3, 2012

A Beautiful Day!



So, I've been working on sprucing up the living room by way of new curtains. I had a couple of obstacles when wanting to make a curtain for our door. The large window in the door provides much of the natural light in the room during the day, we also have to raise the miniblinds every morning to watch for the schoolbus.




But, you gotta admit, this looks a bit drab!



What to do?



Make a light button-up curtain of course!








I put button holes at 2 levels so that the curtain can be raised either half way.....





or all the way up.....





I learned that if you want your buttonholes to be stronger then just sew them twice!!

I also learned this is a LOT easier to do BEFORE you cut the hole open.


There was a lot of "winging it" done on this curtain. I've never made a tab top curtain before....nor could I actually find a pattern for a button up curtain. It's the first time I've put gathered lace on top of a ruffle, which was tricky.....finally the decision to gather the bottom so that the curtain wouldn't flare out straight and cover the doorknob was completely spontaneous!



I have to say, I find this to be one dang CUTE curtain!! :-)






Let's see who does a better job prediciting the weather.....


Make it a great day folks!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Bravo! Very nice job especially considering that you "winged it" on most of the curtain!

ellen b. said...

Looks like a fun project since I'm not the one doing it! Good job. Love that last photo of the groundhog...

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Very attractive!!! Well done!! Cath

Sara said...

very ingenious; I like the look. When it's all the way up, the tabs hanging down make it look like it belongs in a castle.