My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, February 14, 2011

Thank God for Routine!

Oh and Happy St. Valentine's Day!


We have finally gotten back to normal around here!




Whoever can guess what Sonshine is in this picture gets a Silly Goose award!

catchup via facebook....

--I saw a large flock of Canadian Geese sitting in a cow pasture on the way home from church this morning. Valentines Day is almost over. The highs all week are 65-75. GOODBYE WINTER!! Bring on the Spring!

--Praise Jesus the Vday boxes and cards are done!! I am now locked in my room with the cats and 2 boxes of chocolates my hubby gave me for Vday!!!!!!

--Sister has a fish bath toy she carries around everywhere. I was getting her ready for bath this AM. Asked hubby to "bring me baby wipes and the fish". He hands me the baby wipes and a box of frozen Tilapia!!!!!!

--Watched the school bus and the garbage truck fight out who was gonna make it down my NARROW street first while I did the happy dance that after 2 weeks they BOTH found my house!!!
-Now if the mailman could just find me again all'd be well. There He Is!!
-Even Pizza Hut found my house today!!! Hooray! We're back in business!!


catchup on goals....
Haha! these were written Jan 22!!!!

For next week (ish?)

1) Piece top for my sister's quilt This I got done. Then as I was getting ready to layer and baste it I realized that EVERY SINGLE SAFETY PIN I OWN is in my huge Mommie Quilt!! As I was iced in at the time so getting more pins was out of the question I did the next best thing! I started quilting my Mommie quilt to pull out enough pins for my sister's quilt!

2) put away all ribbon etc and generally straighten up my sewing corner eh, why rush?

3) continue rearranging and decluttering my "stuff and pretties" so that my living room is a bit more livable. The top of the entertainment center with my cacti is part of this ongoing process. I'll show you more as I go. huh? WHAT was I thinking????

4) relax more, enjoy more, sleep more, exercise more.
well... 3 out of 4 ain't bad right?....of course it was kinda forced on me by the ice storm!

I have made good headway on my Mommie Quilt and am really enjoying quilting it...

Which led to this facebook post:

Is thinking I want to quilt this gigantic blanket! But I'm tired. But I want to quilt. But I'm tired. See I've got it spread out over my lap and ready to quilt. But I'm tired. Here's the thread and it'll be warm and lovely to work on. But I'm tired. Where's the needle....ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

My grandmother used to say "that's the kind of project you'll take many naps under before it's done"!!!!!! Yes, I really was asleep under the quilt in progress when my hubby came home. :-))

And today is the first day in TWO WEEKS that all 3 kids are back at school!!
Hallelujah!!!

Don't forget to leave a guess on the picture in the comments! I'll try to make it around to catch up with all of YOU over the course of this week.
Enjoy your day and remember to hug the ones you love on this beautiful, WARM (high of 68 Praise the Lord) and SUNNY St. Valentine's Day!!

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

Glad things have settled down in Texas and the kids are back in school!!

Unknown said...

Happy Monday!
~AM

Sara said...

Woohoo! Back to normal rocks!

Sunshine looks like a Medieval Princess with a snood in the back!

Stephanie D said...

Daniel Boone?

Snow and ice are SO overrated! Our temps aren't quite as high as yours, but they are in the upper 50s and I'm happy with that! I'm sure there will be more cold snaps in the next few weeks, but for now, bring on the sun!

Anonymous said...

Frozen Tilapia???? Bwahahahaha that is great!

I have a bunch of triangles cut out from my boys baby clothes that I keep saying I am going to make into a quilt someday.... I really should get it started...